Barista Training Tauranga and Regions
We specialise in barista training in the Tauranga, Bay of Plenty and Waikato Regions. Offering individual customised training, group sessions, café training, school classes and for employment agencies.
Whether you are looking for barista training for café employment opportunities or for improving your home café coffee making skills we can help.
Our barista trainer is a qualified workplace assessor with over 30 years experience in the NZ coffee industry.
We are contracted to provide NZQA Courses in many high schools and have an active MOU with an NZQA accredited service provider.
Barista Training – For the Industry
Individual sessions especially preparing you for café work
- Care of beans
- Use of grinder and espresso machines – adjustments and maintenance
- Using the equipment to produce great espresso coffees
- Milk texturing techniques and pouring milk for latte art
- The coffee menu – choice of cups
- Establishing a routine for speed and consistency
Barista Training – From Bean to Brew
- Basic training for home espresso machines
- Use of grinder – adjustments
- Choosing the best blends of beans
- Milk Texturing
- Basic pouring techniques for latte art
Home Roasting Course
- Introduction to Home Roasting
- Comparing origin green bean types
- Discussing roasting methods
- Green bean blending
- Roasting demonstration using a home roaster
- Tips for roasting
We have a training facility where you can come to us, alternatively we can arrange training with our equipment which can be transported to your location. We are happy to conduct a training for you using your own equipment if you prefer.
We have written our own training manual. This manual is a comprehensive guide to producing and presenting espresso coffees to a high café standard.
Please contact us for more information.